Watch – one of those most common and oldest gears used by mankind. Today, as time goes, the watch is not restricted from evolution. Just like the other aspects, the watch has also been divided into various types and categories according to its use and characteristics.
According to professions and looks, different types of watches fit with different uses. Besides, manufacturers are also taking the target audience’s requirements into the account just to offer them a perfect and useful one.
For this, collections have been divided into categories according to professions, uses. Some can be suitable for sportsmanship, some can be good for official use.
You can not just go to the shop, pick a random piece that looks gorgeous and use it for everything you do in your life.
Like, you have to keep in mind that you need some specific pieces if you are planning to use them underwater for some mentionable time and unusual environment.
Yes, the saying is about diving. If you are going to use watches for diving, obviously you need a watch for diving, you need to find some special ones containing some special abilities.
The choice is harder because numberless pieces and models are out there to get in the hand of you, not going to tell them bad or, defective, but taking you to a relatively suitable place is our job, that is what we do.
Moreover, when you have a limited budget, quality and feasibility hardly meet at the same point. That makes you more confused. So, another point to be observed is the budget.
Well, not always the higher budget means the better quality, but it is quite obvious that a low budget piece can not compete with a higher one in terms of durability.
But that does not mean you need to have a budget of a thousand dollars or more for a nice divers watch. In this list, you will get the best diver watch under $500 which will serve you both with its quality and accessibility.
So, let’s go through the most probable list of the best diver watch under 500 and make a perfect decision.
Best diver watch under $500 – comparison
Best on Budget
Orient ‘Mako II’
- Seiko SKX007K
- Citizen eco-drive Bn0150-28E
- Orient ‘Mako II’
- Tissot Seastar 1000
- Invicta Pro Diver
- Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
- Luminox EVO Navy SEAL 3059
1. Seiko SKX007K
- Water-resistance up to 200 m depth.
- Date and day display on the dial. A very useful thing under water.
- CR2 batteries featured.
- Unidirectional bezel function that rotates one way. That helps you to keep measure of time.
- Luminous on the dial, helps you to watch the time in deep water.
Seiko is a Japanese brand that has successfully provided timekeepers of different uses and professions. It has already offered us many topper pieces in the lists of several best categories.
This Seiko SKX007K is also a part of that contribution just like its other topper sisters. It has a nicely designed black rubber band for comfortable strapping.
The rubber band has a buckle clasp for locking.
The dial is also black matching the band. Hardlex crystal on it increases its durability underwater.
The case diameter is 42 mm. It is made of stainless steel.
It has automatic movement so that you don’t have to give extra effort to keep it going.
- Dimensions : 5.91 x 5.91 x 5.91 inches
- Weight:3.17 Ounces
- Model: SKX007K
- Easy to get the time.
- Great design.
- No snogging in water.
- Scratch resistance on the crystal.
- Not for professional deep-sea diving.
- Bezel disturbance may occur.
- No hand winding is available for time fixing if needed.
2. Citizen eco-drive Bn0150-28E
- No need for batteries, runs with light, any kind of light.
- The watch is iso compliant, which means you will get depth reading.
- Water pressure below 20 bar can be endured.
- No battery needed.
- Water resistance upto 200 meters.
- Luminous effect on the display.
- Date display on the dial.
This eco-drive piece of Citizen is exactly made for a perfect dive in the water.
The case has silver looking, made of stainless steel. The diameter of the case is 42 mm. Watch is featured with a brand special Promaster crown.
On the dial, the crystal doesn’t reflect light thus you don’t face problems seeing the time facing the watch towards the light.
It has a unidirectional bezel that rotates in one way. Analog display is available like most of the other ones in this list.
The watch has exceptional band material – Polyurethane. The band is black.
The best mentionable part, the watch is solar-powered.
- Package Dimensions : 4.88 x 4.41 x 4.02 inches
- Weight: 3.3 Ounces
- Model number: BN0150-28E
- As a Citizen, you are getting a 5-year warranty.
- Easily understandable display.
- Can be seen in the dark for a luminous effect.
- Allows you to sync time when an error occurs.
- Smaller date window might seem disturbed for someone.
- Less efficient while fixing time.
- Hard band may seem uncomfortable to some people.
3. Orient ‘Mako II’
- Continuous lifespan along about 40 hours.
- Water resistance upto 200 meter depth.
- Day, date display on the dial.
- Great look to use as a formal piece.
- Luminous effect work perfectly under water.
Seems like Japanese companies have taken the watch market quite seriously, that is why you are seeing another good one from the Japanese brand, Orient.
The Orient Mako series is awesome to say, Mako II has made it to be here for being nicer than anything else.
It is made of stainless steel with silver color. For steel bands, a push-button fold-over lock is provided with safety.
The dial is black, with a case diameter of 41 mm. Mineral crystal over the dial is featured.
The bezel is unidirectional, can move only one way.
The watch has an automatic movement, you can fix it by having hand winding.
- Product Dimensions : 4.72 x 4.72 x 4.72 inches
- Weight:12.64 Ounces
- Model number : FAA02001B9
- Screw down the crown to make the case watertight.
- Reasonable price.
- Robust structure.
- Reflection of a crystal is tolerable.
- Steel band makes the watch relatively heavier.
- Not suitable for deep diving.
- The bezel is not scratch resistant.
4. Tissot Seastar 1000
- Date display available on the dial.
- Pressure tolerance in water is 30 bar.
- Water resistance upto 300 m depth.
- Scratch-proof crystal on the dial.
You can be assured of this after seeing just the name, Seastar. The name itself says it to be a great underwater companion.
This Tissot Seastar comes with a rubber band, black in color. The band contains a standard buckle.
The dial has a charming look with blue gradient color. The case is made of 316L stainless steel, with a diameter of 45 mm. Sapphire crystal is provided over the dial which makes it more durable.
You will have the advantage of a screw-down crown and case back for better workability underwater.
The bezel of this watch is unidirectional with one-way movement, also made of an aluminum ring.
The watch contains Swiss quartz movement which makes it more accurate for having fewer parts in the case.
1 Lithium metal battery is used as a power source.
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 7 x 5 inches
- Weight: 3.84 Ounces
- Item model number : T1204171704100
- No reflection of the crystal makes your eyes comfortable.
- Incredibility for deep dive.
- Luminous effect on hands and markers, you can get the time even underwater in a dark environment.
- Well, accuracy of time.
- Not suitable for long term purpose underwater.
- Not that lightweight.
- Colour of the dial is less attractive than expected.
5. Invicta Pro Diver
- Luminous effect on hand and hour markers, but not date.
- Magnified date display on dial.
- Screw down crown, means watertight chamber of case.
- Water Resistance in 200m depth.
Invicta has also provided some nice, charming, and robust watches for diving. This version of 2011 belongs to those.
This Invicta consists of a stainless steel-made band, making it weightful. As for that, the band looks silver polished, although the dial is black colored. As stainless steel bands feature, the band has a safety fold-over clasp.
The case diameter is 40mm, quite a few shorter compared to other ones. Mineral crystal-made material on the dial protects it.
It has Japanese automatic movement. The bezel is unidirectional, moves in one way.
The power source is 1 Lithium battery.
- Product Dimensions : 14 x 20 x 20 mm
- Weight: 5.29 ounces
- Model: 8926OB
- Suitable for marine professional dive and surface water sports.
- Lower cost compared to others of the same category.
- The automatic feature works perfectly.
- Unique look if you replace the band with the nato band.
- Heavier than containing rubber band ones.
- Luminous effect lasts less long.
- The steel band may rattle for someone.
6. Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
- Digital compass increases the properties of this watch.
- Numerous ingredients like altimeter, barometer, thermometer, sunrise and sunset date, time stamp and so many more.
- Digital watch advantages like LED light, stopwatches, day-date calendar, alarm.
- Shock resistant sensor to record movement.
- Water resistance below 200m of water surface.
- Runs with solar power.
Casio is a recognized brand for watches. Casio is the symbol of robustness and long lasting service. G-series is their collection for divers, also includes this latest addition, Rangeman.
The band material of this watch is plastic, though it looks like rubber. It is black in color.
Dial color is grey like most of the other digital watches. Mineral crystal is provided on the dial for protection. The case diameter is 53 mm.
It is a digital watch with quartz movement. That makes the watch’s time more accurate.
The main power source is 1 Lithium metal battery.
- Dimensions : 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Weight: 10.4 Ounces
- Model number : GW9400-1CR
- Mud and dirt resistant
- Effectively performs at a low temperature.
- Notable memory recording ability.
- Robustness is praise worthy.
- Heavier in proportion to others.
- The compass and atomic timekeeping properties can be affected by surroundings.
- Sometimes the negative display and automatic system show poor performance.
7. Luminox EVO Navy SEAL 3059
- Date display on the display.
- Notably light weight.
- Water resistance below 200 m.
- Color mark on the numbers.
- Recommendations of professionals.
This Luminox navy seal is destined to be a continuous company for diving.
The band is made of uncommon Polyurethane. A buckle clasp is used as the band lock. Both the band and dial hold a continuous black color. The diameter of the dial is 44 mm. Mineral crystal has been used over the dial. The case is also made of polyurethane.
Swiss quartz has been used for movement, meaning more accuracy.
The bezel movement is unidirectional, rotates one way. 1 product-specific battery is provided.
- Dimensions : 6.5 x 3 x 2 inches
- Weight: 2.08 Ounces
- Item model number : 3059
- Luminous effect like most of the diver watches.
- No sound of ticking from the dial.
- Clearer view of dial-in lack of light.
- Robust and long-lasting.
- Less effective luminous effect.
- The battery is not available readily.
- Not scratch-proof on the dial.
After all this hustle, you can be assured that you have gone through the best ones. All these may not be the top, but they have the potential to be toppers.
These recommendations are prepared based on the manufacturer’s quotations, users reviews, and expert opinions. Thus it can be relied on as an authorized suggestion.
Although opinion varies based on places, times, and persons. So disagreement can be an obvious thing. Still, most people have relied on this and get their desired piece. Now it’s time for you.
You can do some research on your own. Mostly it is hoped to match with this. So, take the decision and take a step.
Hayder Watches Reviews Expert.